Summer 2019 is right around the corner, and with the beginning of summer comes music festivals. Festivals have become an incredibly big trend in recent years. This is due to the increase in attendance from the Millennial and Gen Z generations.
“Millennials gain a sense of community via events: 69% of millennials believe attending events makes them feel more connected to other people, the community, and the world.”Source: Harris Group for Eventbrite (2014)
Picture this, your brand is activating at the next big festival and you are tasked with coming up with ideas. We know how agonizing it can be to come up with ideas to questions like,
- “How hot will it be?”
- “Who will be there?”
- “What should we do for our giveaway?”
- “Where should we set up?”
- “What’s cool these days?”
- “Why is everyone dressed so weird?”
Here at Brand+Aid we are here to help you answer these questions but, first we wanted to talk about music festivals briefly just to give you some perspective in case you are on the fence about them.
- In the U.S. alone, 32 million people go to at least one music festival every year (that is more than the entire population of Texas).
- 14.7 of those million fall into the “millennial” generation.
- 3.5 million tweets were recorded from the first weekend of Coachella (2015).
(Statistics come from Billboard online.)
These numbers show that the millennial generation is dominating the music festival population. We feel as though a music festival is a perfect place to promote, so when thinking of brands at a festival we like to think about some questions to get our minds in the right place. Here are a few examples of those questions.
- Where? Are you activating at Yankee Stadium in New York, or 6th street in Austin, TX? The location of your event can have a big impact on what kind of items will work best.
- Who? What are the average attendee ages and their socio-economic factors for the festival you are headed to? Will they be interested in what you are giving out or selling?
- When? What is the average temperature where you will be? The temperature in Austin, TX will be very different compared to New York. A cooling towel will probably work anywhere in the summer but, it will REALLY work in 110° weather in Austin, TX.
- How? How will the items be distributed? Do you have a team of brand ambassadors or just a few brand managers roaming? Depending on your resources items can change. It’s easier for a team of people to hand out individual items, whereas with just a few people it may be easier to have pre-assembled bags with the items inside.
Now that your mind is in the zone of festivals. Take a look at some of the items we think will make a big impact and get your brand in the hands of the “festies”.
“81% of hardcore festies are active on social media during festivals.”Source: Eventbrite (2016)
There’s a little bit of everything in this list from fanny packs to water bottles so take a look and be sure to call us at (323)-800-2241 or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Ready to start your new project?
Brand Aid has the coolest and most innovative merchandise that will represent your organization with pride. We focus on finding the best quality products in your price range, offer creative branding capabilities, and handle everything from ideation to delivery. We turn ideas into tangible, fun experiences through experiential advertising. Have an idea you’d like to make happen? Contact the Brand+Aid team to schedule a free consultation at 323-800-2241 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.